What you’ll be called: Lead Developer
Where will you work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named Happiest Company to Work for in 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) fosters a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal.
With more than 180K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real-estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our passionate and experienced team converts agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration, transaction management, education, and consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal Lead Developer is passionate and committed to delivering solutions to our agents. You are an experienced candidate who is adept at solving problems in a player-coach role. As our Lead Developer, you have a startup mentality and take complete ownership of the design, delivery and support of your solutions. You have extensive technical skills and the ability to motivate a team to deliver excellent solutions at a rapid pace.
What you will do:
As our Lead Developer you will partner with the Product Team to execute our agent’s technology visions. You will be in responsible for a small team of developers and QA engineers and will function in a player-coach role. You will design, document and deliver well-thought out solutions as part of our microservice architecture. In a typical day, you will design solutions with the product team, document features, maintain effective velocity of the developers and QA engineers and communicate any budgetary needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the on time delivery of software solutions fully aligned to the business and technical requirements.
- Design, document and deliver well-thought-out solutions as part of our microservice architecture in partnership with the Product Team.
- Mentor/coach and delegate work to a team of developers and QA engineers.
- Drive automation into test, documentation and the build process.
- Passion about the products and technology which you work, and create the environment for innovation and creativity in your team.
- Maintain velocity while minimizing defects.
- Establish a test driven culture.
- Foster DevOps as a culture with emphasis on blameless retrospectives and learnings.
- 7 years of experience in software development using one or more of the following: PHP, Python, NodeJs, Java or GoLang.
- 5 years of related work experience in technical architecture, solution/application architecture, application development or middleware design.
- 3 years of experience leading a software development team in delivery of complex and challenging software solutions.
- Experience designing and developing scalable and highly available cloud based solutions on AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience with multiple database technologies including MySql, Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and GraphQL.
- Experience designing for large scale, highly available, fault tolerant transactional and analytical system in a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience in building microservice or SOA architectures.
- Proven technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows, Application knowledge of Java, .Net, and IT security.
- Strong familiarity with design and architecture patterns.
- 2 years Docker experience; Kubernetes a plus.
- Mobile development either native or ReactNative experience, a plus.
- Must be a creative thinker, who pushes the envelope on technology usage and development practices.
- Able to handle changes in priority and requirements, without loss of enthusiasm.
- Player/coach that leads by example.
- Able to lead and inspire a multi-functional team to deliver the products.
- View challenges as an opportunities to improve the solution, the technology and the effectiveness of the team.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.