ThousandEyes, a part of Cisco, empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Gain experience with every cloud on the market, working at ThousandEyes, a part of Cisco! Our product is meant for networking specialists and we know what a good one is like! Come join us!
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale. ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzcAbout the role
This role is the technical leader for the Cloud Agent Network Operations Center (NOC) at ThousandEyes. This small team manages the thousands of servers around the globe which run the ThousandEyes cloud agents. As a hands on engineering lead for the team, you’ll lead by example scaling, maintaining, and troubleshooting our worldwide fleet of linux servers.Responsibilities:
- Work with Datacenter and cloud providers around the world to provision hardware remotely.
- Given a set of hardware requirements, explore globally for new locations where ThousandEyes can deploy services.
- Maintain existing relationships with our current vendors, including expanding, cancelling, and renegotiating services.
- Announce and work with internal teams and vendors to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and fix server and networking issues.
- Order and coordinate provider capacity/service upgrades as needed based on capacity planning.
- Use internally provided tools to manage inventory, track provider issues, and gather metrics.
- Provide emergency support in an on-call rotation.
- Participate and contribute to the interview process and training of team members.
- Understanding of typical server configuration for common linux distributions, including Ubuntu.
- 5+ years experience working with server providers including Data centers, Managed Hosting Providers, and Infrastructure as a Service vendors.
- Strong networking skills and troubleshooting abilities.
- Comfortable with linux and linux troubleshooting tools, including tcpdump, netstat
- Understanding and experience with colocation/dedicated server providers and ISPs and ordering their services.
- Understanding of PC and server hardware, network bandwidth, and billing methods.
- Experience with configuration management tools including Puppet and Ansible
- Fluent english both spoken and written.