Lead Professional Services Engineer at LumApps
At LumApps, we put people first. We believe that every employee is unique and, therefore, each employee journey is different. Our mission is to make every employee experience personal, productive and rewarding.
LumApps is a leading Employee Experience Platform founded in 2015 to unify the modern workforce through better communication, engagement, and instant access to information. LumApps is a true SaaS platform, designed to scale to the needs of today’s largest enterprises and is easily accessible across any device or language.
About The Role:
The Lead Professional Services Engineer will provide successful day-to-day leadership of the North American Professional Services Engineering team, and provide direct professional services engineering tasks on select projects. The Lead Professional Services Engineer is responsible for team leadership and the end-to-end ownership of the engineering and migration methodologies that the team utilizes. This role is a key member of the North American Professional Services department, and has a significant impact on its overall success by maintaining a successful professional services engineering function, which drives successful delivery of the LumApps solutions to our Customers.
The Lead Professional Services Engineer ensures the professional services engineering team is set up for success by leading all activities related to the improvement of the team’s engineering and migration methodologies and processes, including related collaterals. The Lead Professional Services Engineer helps the team increase efficiency and stay focused on the ‘right’ engineering and migration activities and goals. The Lead Professional Services Engineer is an essential escalation point for other professional services engineers when process blockers occur, and possesses effective communication skills between Customers and with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Lead a team of solution engineers in the Professional Services department, consisting of Customer Engineers and Migration Engineers.
- Provide mentorship to other team members on topics ranging across software engineering and software development, in order to elevate the overall maturity of the Professional Services Engineering function.
- Set team priorities and manage stakeholder expectations across multiple ongoing projects at different stages in their lifecycle.
- Define training and enablement opportunities for the Professional Services Engineering function’s technical needs depending on individual skillsets, industry trends and new service aspects.
- Support the North American Professional Services department as its prime technical subject matter expert, leading resolutions on technical project obstacles.
- Advocate for Professional Services and project requirements by representing issues and urgency to Product Management and Software Engineering, and develop innovative ways to partner on resolutions.
- Collaborate with internal project teams on evolving processes to provide a cohesive and consistent customer experience throughout the project lifecycle.
- Evergreen and improve the engineering and migration methodologies, processes and related collaterals / template(s).
- Advise on the assignment and balancing of Professional Services project resources across projects, and adjust to maintain appropriate skill set alignment throughout the project lifecycle as required.
- Proactively uncover and avoid process risks, to prevent process blockers. Manage process blockers that do arise in order to resolve them in the project’s best interest.
Professional Services Engineering Responsibilities
- Work in lock-step with Project Managers and other project staff, to manage shared activities and shared deadlines. Unbundle complex technical project requirements, and collaboratively recommend the appropriate solution given the project’s scope and schedule.
- When required for technical project topics, manage customer meetings, provide product demonstrations and brief non-technical Customer project stakeholders.
- Work hands-on integrating with various IdP, SSO and office productivity suites, to demonstrate techniques to team members and / or directly handle technical project integration tasks.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or a similar technically-oriented discipline.
- 5+ years of leadership experience of a technically-focused and distributed team of engineers.
- 5+ years of progressive technical experience in solution engineering, preferably in a customer-facing, (eg: professional services, pre-sales, support) environment.
- 3-5 years of experience engineering and delivering solutions for a rapidly-evolving suite of SaaS products.
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills and complete comfort discussing complex technical topics with other technical SMEs and non-technical stakeholders alike.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with cross functional teams, and the ability to interact with and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to creatively set direction through ambiguity while uniting a team around common project goals and deliverables.
- A strong solutions-oriented approach, user-experience focus and understanding of processes.
- Motivation and ability to work under tight timelines. Well developed time management skills.
- Demonstrable expertise in Identity and Access Management (IAM) platforms like Okta, ADFS and Ping Identity; familiarity with SSO protocols such as SAML and OpenID.
- Demonstrable expertise in integrating SaaS platforms, especially Google Workspace and Microsoft 365.
- Bilingual in verbal and written French and / or Spanish would be an asset.
- Experience deploying or managing one or many digital workplace technologies such as Aurea Jive, Igloo, Simpplr, Brightstarr Unily, Interact, or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience migrating data between disparate systems, including performing Exchange / Transform / Load (ETL) functions.
What we offer:
- A program designed with your success in mind. We're looking for intelligent, hard-working, and ethical individuals that will appreciate a well-coached path to a rewarding career
- 100% employer-paid benefits for employees, starting day one
- Awesome coworkers and culture
- 401(k) with employer match
- So much more!
If our core values of: “Be bold, do amazing things”, “Say what you mean, Do what you say”, “One team, Same mission”, and “Always be evolving,” speak to you, apply to join our team today!