Lead Salesforce Engineer
At ThousandEyes, our Customer Success organization has a specialist team working on making delivery of customer service both better for customers and better for our internal teams. This team is a group of specialists, and there’s more than enough work for everybody involved. The manager role is a player/coach role -- you’re responsible for two main things: first, delivering on efficiency and feature improvements, and second, cultivating a team of developers.
Our technology stack leverages salesforce.com as the nucleus of our environment - it hosts customer accounts, leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities and support cases. We implement integrations leveraging services from Twilio, Atlassian, Zuora, Traitly and others. We embrace a build rather than buy approach to tooling.
I like to think of this role as the head of engineering of an early-stage start-up (inside a growth company). You’re running product, engineering, QA and customer service for the tooling that you’re creating. That’s the skillset we’re looking for, and that we’re looking to cultivate in our team members. You need to be able to lead from the front, hire an exceptional team, and deliver everything that we need to make life better.
The ideal candidate is a former large team engineering manager who is looking for something a little less structured, with an eye for product design and implementation. The candidate is still focused and agile, and capable of recognizing, hiring and cultivating top talent. You’re a problem solver, you make data-driven decisions. You’ve worked with Salesforce.com (both development and administration). You have an interest and the capacity to assimilate and disseminate the knowledge needed to drive immediate results across the team.Apply if you have:
- Relevant experience both as a developer and a manager of developers
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with Spring MVC, Java Servlet API
- Experience with front end development: Angular JS, vue.js, node.js, React
- Experience using document-oriented databases (such as MongoDB)
- Experience using streaming message queuing technology (such as Apache Kafka)
- Experience with packaging & deployment tools - Gradle, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes
- Are a fast learner and enjoy working with cutting-edge technologies
- A standout "customer first" attitude
- Amazing communication and problem-solving skills
- Enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Overall responsibility for delivery of internal tooling and system integrations for Customer Success and Sales/Sales Engineering organizations
- Access and manage data in third-party systems using REST APIs and webhooks
- Maintenance and development of new capabilities for existing web applications
- Full lifecycle feature releasing: design, development, test, documentation and release
- Custom development in support of Customer Experience delivery objectives
- Hire and cultivate a team of ninja assassins to assist in delivery of above tasks