Lead Software Engineer, Realm Cloud at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.Who we are
MongoDB Realm is a serverless platform that enables developers so they can build better applications faster. We handle this by managing the complexities of the backend for the developer. This allows the developer a seamless interaction with their MongoDB Atlas cluster. By joining the Realm team, you would have ample opportunity to tackle the challenges surrounding a backend as a service product. Realm is backed by a powerful, easy-to-use rule system, and includes features such as serverless functions, database triggers, and Realm Sync.
- Grow and recruit new team members
- Collaborate with teams across the company including Product and Design
- Balance your time between coding, designing, mentorship, and leading your team
- Participate in the code review process
- Use agile practices to deliver features on a predictable schedule
- Work with team to design and implement new features
- Have a vision for the future of the product and can articulate the way forward
- Deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Be a source of guidance and advice to their own team members and other teams
- Build a relationship with their team around trust
- Plan and execute on delivering features on a predictable basis while working with Product and Design
- Forge a path to planning, executing, and delivering features while working cross-functionally with our Product and Design teams.
- Has 3+ years of experience developing robust back-end and/or frontend software at scale, including experience with concurrency and distributed systems
- Has 2+ years in a management position
- Has substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software
- Wants to participate in Open Source software development and communities
- Has a love for designing and implementing ergonomic APIs
- Has a desire for continuous learning of new technologies, languages, and platforms
- Is an effective communicator, an engineer, and problem solver
- Possess the skills of a mentor, an effective communicator, an engineer, and a team leader
- Possess the ability to self-start and improve themselves, the team, and our technologies
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.