Lead Software Engineer
We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 950,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.Our Values
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
As a Lead Software Engineer in our highly talented marketing squad, you'll lead a team of engineers that will develop and iterate on the first time user experience. This role is varied; you'll get to write high quality code, design and architect systems and lead a team of engineers.
You'll get the opportunity to implement engineering best practices, work with progressive tooling and technology that includes: React, Node and AWS and integrate with some of the industry's finest marketing and analytics tools. If you thrive in an environment where you can impact direction by contributing ideas, constantly improving the way we work and delivering best in class web experiences for customers, this role could be for you!
- Lead a team of engineers by; implementing strong delivery and engineering practices, coach and pair with other engineers and continuously improve the standard of software development in our team
- Collaborate with other Leads and Engineering Managers from our Product/Platform team to standardize best practices
- Work with a Product Manager to plan sprints and manage the backlog from a technical perspective
- Design and architect systems to integrate with 3rd party APIs from progressive marketing / analytics tools like Contentful, Drift and Segment
- Create and maintain a high quality, sustainable and well documented code base
We're looking for a passionate, capable Lead Software Engineer who is interested in modern technology but also the development of teams, processes and people. We would love for someone to bring with them a wealth of experience in software development in multiple different projects, languages and frameworks.
We're looking for someone who has:
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- At least 2 years mentoring engineers
- Experience with strong engineering practices like clean coding, unit testing and pair programming
- Experience with Agile delivery practices
- Experience with Git, and deploying code using CI/CD pipelines or tools
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Experience with TDD and DDD
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.Our crew
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our new office in downtown Austin.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.