Lead UI Engineer at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
This position can be remote, offering you the flexibility to work out of your home full-time. You'll have easy access to and support from your manager and frequent video meetings to keep you plugged into your team. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
The Lead UI Engineer (LUIE) will be one of the leaders of the engineering team at LM, helping us to become a best-in-class infrastructure software product engineering team. The LUIE, reporting to the Engineering Manager, is responsible for strong individual contribution, mentoring the team, and demonstrating best practices. The LUIE should be comfortable participating in short term planning that reinforces long term goals. They will workshop with the development team in design reviews, and give constructive feedback in Pull Request reviews.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Communicate features/suggestions from Engineering to the Product team.
- Work with the Product team as a key stakeholder for input into feature design and product planning.
- Work with the Technical Support team to provide training and advanced troubleshooting.
- Work with TechOps team for infrastructure scaling, design and operational improvements.
- Prioritize and plan for deliverables in an iterative development strategy, according to our 2 week scrum schedule & 1 week regression testing. (Working towards a continuous deployment strategy)
- Design, document, code, and test technical solution for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Coach and lead other team members from a technical perspective in design and implementation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product/application issues for escalated support cases.
- Collaborate with a diverse, distributed development organization. Our development team spans multiple cities in the US and Asia.
- Ability to tackle performance and design issues at a deep technical level.
- 10+ years of software development experience in commercial or enterprise applications.
- BS/BA in some field (prefer CS or Math).
- Expert in implementing and optimizing agile development and continuous integration / continuous delivery methodologies
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing geographically dispersed teams
- Experience with building data-driven UI elements like dynamic forms, filterable tables, or event-driven messaging.
- High level of comfort with browser debug tools for layout, process inspection, and network analysis.
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.