Who We Are
Self is a FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by helping people build credit and build savings. Self is helping millions of people begin their financial journey with a Credit Builder Account. We understand that building a financial foundation is a daunting task for most people, so we're dedicated to building a product that will help our customers move two steps in the right direction.
Who You Are
You are able to implement a cutting-edge user experience that can be seamless for Android, iOS, and Web users. You can integrate with our Rest APIs and other 3rd-party services. You collaborate with designers, product managers and other stakeholders in brainstorming new ideas, developing features, gathering feedback and iterating, thereby continuously providing impactful improvement to our products.
What You Will Do
- Develop, extend, and maintain the Self website leveraging the React framework and backend Python services.
- Work with designers, product managers, back end engineers to implement new product features and improve existing ones.
- Build efficient, scalable and reusable systems and abstractions.
- Maintain code and write tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Provide stakeholders with time and resource estimates related to product development.
- Make technical decisions and improvements around front end development.
- Keep up-to-date with the best coding practices and tooling.
What you Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline with 2+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with development/maintenance of Python/Flask code in a production environment or a similar framework.
- Experience building and consuming APIs to interact with other services using REST.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Benefits and Perks:
- Stock options
- Quarterly bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free Gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team happy hours and events
- Remote work arrangements/ Flexible work schedule
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend