Network Architect, Principal Engineer at Blackbaud
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Network Principal Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and application solutions.
To be successful in this role, you will take on the design, implementation, support and security of Blackbaud’s internal and external networks responsible for applications, infrastructure, and environments of over 45,000+ clients. You will also be required to Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead network infrastructure technical design and review existing systems to ensure optimal and efficient performance of Blackbaud’s networks.
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Drive capacity and performance management for the network infrastructure to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Create and maintain accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Drive incident response with focus on restoration of service, followed by root cause analysis and permanent resolution.
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors expanding our workforce capacity as needed.
- Deploy firewalls and other security devices in production environments
- Partner with Security Operations to mitigate risk and help to define security policies as it relates to firewall and IDS/IPS infrastructure.
- Assist in project management activities including budget preparation, and timeline determinations.
What we’ll want you to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- 15+ years architecting and implementing complex enterprise infrastructure network solutions required.
- Experience acting as a technical lead for escalations and mentoring other members of the team
- Expert knowledge supporting and troubleshooting routing/routed protocols (BGP/OSPF/EIGRP).
- Proven experience deploying and maintaining Site to Site VPN, DM-VPN and AnyConnect VPN’s.
- Expertise deploying firewalls such as Cisco ASA, FirePower, Palo Alto, and other security devices in production environments
- Practical experience desired in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models required (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and agile methodologies preferred