We're looking for an impressive Platform Engineer to help us strategize, develop, and scale our Flywheel platform. You'll help us build systems that serve billions of requests on behalf of our customers and use emerging technologies to create systems that are scalable, reliable, redundant, and resilient. We solve problems with software, strive to automate and obsolete ourselves, and typically describe ourselves as a "software company that happens to host websites".YOU'RE A SOLID FIT FOR THIS POSITION IF...
- You have experience developing container-based platforms, ideally with cluster management software like Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesos
- You understand the various technologies that power the web (such as NGINX, Varnish, and PHP)
- You're proficient in Linux system administration with a focus on automating tasks through code
- You're passionate about digging into new technologies
- You are authorized to live and work in the U.S.
- Has worked on an agile team and is passionate about development
- Has deployed any (or all) of the following into a production environment, and understands their inner workings:
- Has worked in Docker and Kubernetes, configuration management systems, cloud databases, Prometheus or other monitoring systems, scalable network file storage, advanced network configurations, firewalls, and WAFs
- Building automated, scalable services to power Flywheel's growing infrastructure
- Collaborating with an agile team that is passionate about utilizing emerging technologies and delivering high quality and timely code
- Deploying monitoring and alerting systems to aid engineering and support efforts
- Understanding and addressing the unique challenges faced by Flywheel's customers
We're on a mission to build the best WordPress platform around, and we're excited to hire an intelligent Platform Engineer to help us do it! Ready to join our passionate development team to solve software challenges and build something great? We'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description