Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Data Engineer with Kafka experience to join our team in working on a large data modernization initiative. The role will be responsible for shaping and building Care.com’s streaming data pipeline strategy that will enable data exchange between microservices and feeding into the data lake.
The right individual will be a proactive, self-starter that enjoys and thrives when connecting people and technology to solve complex problems at scale. You love researching industry trends and remaining current on emerging technology. You will design, perform POC where needed, and partner with application architects and engineers to build an enterprise distributed messaging and integration ecosystem. If you have a passion for long-term end-to-end thinking balanced with working directly with delivery teams to craft increments that enable value for customers now, this role is for you!
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Collaborate with application teams and architects on establishing data exchange design patterns
- Establish data pipelines for ingestion into the enterprise Data Lake
- Collaborate with application teams and architects on bridging strategy as we transform our techstep to a microservices architecture
- Establish engineering practices and setup frameworks for “Data as a Service”
- Learn through engagement with internal and external subject matter experts. Apply those learnings in the form of evaluation and recommendation of technology solutions for the business and technology teams.
- Create comprehensive technology strategy documentation, including use-case elaboration, product evaluation, POC execution, operational requirements, deployment architecture, logical and conceptual architecture, and other architecture artifacts.
- Collaborate with relevant delivery teams, including infrastructure, operations, site reliability engineering, product development, and others to perform evaluations, POCs, and ultimately implement and govern new technology.
- Contribute to and evangelize the organization’s technology strategy and act as an SME for consultation, adoption, usage patterns, and architecture.
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance, and end-users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Present and communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Participate in demos and code reviews
- Promote software best practices, standards, and processes
- Shape development processes to promote a high-quality output while continuing to iterate quickly
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of members of the team
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or some form of Engineering
- 6+ Years Professional Experience
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).