Principal Engineer, Globalization at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous.
As a Principal Engineer, Globalization for our International Platform division, you’ll partner with heads of Product and Engineering to lead our global expansion. Leverage your experience scaling technology globally to enable Procore to increase international revenue while driving strong business value.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering for International & Globalization and can be based at any of our US offices or remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and influence the design of content delivery for all applications across Procore inside and outside the direct International division
- Scale content delivery tooling within a large, complex, global organization (500+ engineers, 100+ teams/Microservices) and application (millions of users)
- Lead and influence the technical decisions around elements of Internationalization (i18n) and Localization (l10n) beyond content such as multi-currency, date/time, and more
- Communicate and evangelize the value and usage of internal tooling/products to diverse stakeholders, but primarily within Product & Technology
- As the most experienced technical person in the division, surface critical i18n blind spots across the P&T organization
What we’re looking for:
- 12+ years of experience in engineering fields
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of or education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of the i18n domain, including issues like character encoding, currency conversions, and more
- Expertise in a microservices architecture
- Experience working in a large organization (500+ engineers but preferably thousands) with cross-team dependency management and planning processes
- Knowledge of and ability to guide selection of and integrate vendors for things like translation management
- Great influencing and communication skills
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.