Why YOU want this position
As the leading provider of subsurface data and analytics, Drillinginfo continues to actively ramp up its investment in geologic data and products, and to help lead the charge we’re looking for an experienced Principal Geologist. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of leading subsurface teams at E&P companies and a desire to put that knowledge and experience to use in new ways with our growing team of E&P subject matter experts. This position is based in Austin and reports to the Chief Geoscientist.
Basic Performance Objectives
- Provide broad expertise and strategic guidance to a team of geologists.
- Perform and evaluate geologic analysis of the most active oil and gas plays in the U.S.
- Perform geologic interpretation and mapping, including structure and isopach maps, cross-sections, production, and log property maps.
- Interpret and map data using the geologic tools in DI Transform, our proprietary G&G interpretation software, as well as more advanced tools for data analytics and petrophysics.
- Work closely with our analysts to provide geologic data and interpretation for analysis and modeling.
- Interface with clients and prospective clients to showcase our upstream products, including geologic data and tools. Demonstrate geoscience subject matter expertise while clearly communicating both functionality and value proposition.
- Assist the sales and support staff with specific information about Geology Team projects and interpretive methodologies.
- Actively oversee data management, including creating, organizing, loading, providing quality control, and exporting various types of data. Data types include oil and gas production data, well completion data, well header information, deviation surveys, well logs, petrophysical properties, and event correlations.
Competitive Candidate Profiles
- Advanced degree or equivalent work experience in geology, geophysics or related geoscience field.
- 10+ years of work experience as a petroleum geologist.
- Track record of successfully working on asset teams alongside engineers, other geoscientists, landmen, and technicians.
- Significant knowledge and experience with 2D and 3D earth science workflows including mapping, stratigraphic correlations, and log analysis.
- Knowledge of well engineering and completion practices.
- Experience providing application and data support for G&G applications.