Principal Software Development Engineer - Backend at GoDaddy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Santa Clara, California, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in Canada.
What you'll get to do...
Our Domain Registrars and Investors team is looking for a principal software engineer to join us in building and improving Domain Search at GoDaddy. Domain Search is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company's revenue, customer growth and innovation. As a principal software engineer, you would play a major role in improving the domain search experience, architecture, and analytics across every market we support worldwide, and the add-on products and advertising we offer when the user searches for a domain.
- Building great services that help our internal customers succeed
- Writing highly-scalable, highly-available, cloud-ready applications
- Solving end-to-end problems
- Testing code (e.g. writing functional and unit tests)
- Adopting Agile methodologies to continuously release and deploy iterations of our services
- Adopting DevOps methodologies for enabling and supporting always-on services
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years of industry experience in a Software Engineering role and building large scale data platform.
- Strong experience in a programming language in Java, Python, Go Lang, etc.
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software designs, micro services, and cloud computing.
- Experience building CI/CD and server/deployment automation solutions.
- Passion to develop elegant and cutting-edge solutions for real-world business problems.
- Strong desire to learn and to grow.
You might also have...
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of search technology
- Knowledge of big data and deep learning technology
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.