realtor.com is a leading destination used by millions of consumers to discover and create their perfect home. We have the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings, the most engaged users across all real estate online portals, and top rated mobile applications at the cutting edge of the mobile revolution.
Our exciting vision is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone. The technology team at realtor.com supports achievement of this vision through the research and development of scalable applications. The team also identifies new technologies and trends and how they can enhance our products and business. Our consumers and customers are always pushing us to innovate and grow, so come and help us push the boundaries of what's possible! Work and learn from the world-class talent that promotes a culture of experimentation and learning.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated, and self-driven Principal Software Engineer (PSE) to join our Consumer Profile software engineering team. The charter for this team is crucial to our overall business strategy, in building the platforms to identify and consolidate our knowledge of the consumer, unlocking insights that will enable the creation of a rich and personalized experience.
The PSE is a key technical leader and contributor though all stages of the software development lifecycle. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your leadership and collaboration abilities to execute on various organizational initiatives, designing and delivering industry-leading solutions.
What will you do?
- Own system level architecture and software design for features and services spanning multiple engineering teams. Help define system components, entities and service interfaces, with consideration for scalability, complexity, availability, security, performance, cost, and other criteria.
- Help make the right technology choices for implementing solutions. Conduct alternative analysis for technology selection or build vs buy decisions and present to stakeholders.
- Build high quality and highly scalable services leveraging advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models.
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services.
- Work with product managers and tech leaders early on to shape product definition so that it can be built in a flexible, extensible, and robust way. Work collaboratively across engineering teams to plan and execute at high velocity.
- Define and drive adoption of design patterns, coding and quality standards and software development processes.
- Help improve software quality and data quality by coming up with better ways of measuring and testing.
- Collaborate with technical leads and architects to define a technical roadmap and long-term architecture vision. Drive and support innovation by acting as a sounding board for ideas and help bring them to life. Actively engage in tracking and reducing technical debt.
- Share ideas, insights, and technology trends to the broader technical audience within the company. Provide coaching and mentoring to technical staff.
- Play a key role in hiring, retention, and growth of talent: attract, evaluate, coach and mentor senior engineers.
What will you bring?
- 8+ years of experience in full-stack software architecture, design, and development.
- Experience with designing and developing complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications using modern frameworks, tools, and systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, connecting directly and effectively with cross-functional stakeholders at various levels.
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and communicate solutions succinctly
- Experience with cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- A data-driven approach with a strong results and outcome-oriented focus, understanding the value derived from rapidly shipping code and learning/iterating on the results
- Strong empathy for our customers and a passion for exceeding their expectations, always!
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-DW1