Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents, so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Care.com offers of an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care and provide employment opportunities for caregivers. Our engineering organization is reimagining our tech stacks and consolidating to a single cloud native platform, so we can test and learn faster.
The new platform is composed of gRPC microservices and Lambdas in Go, Kafka streams, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, and micro-frontends on Node and React. We're utilizing industry practices and tools like OpenTelemetry, Splunk, Github, SignalFX, Figma, and others to make our lives easier.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, standout colleagues, and big problem solvers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you flourish with collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.What You'll Be Working On:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Technology team as a Principal Software Engineer. The candidate would join a small, agile team responsible for building a platform to support our community team. The candidate will be responsible for the analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation, and implementation of new product features.
- Work with partners in product management to understand business requirements
- Work with other subject areas to drive multi-functional efforts
- Shape development processes to promote a high-quality output while continuing to iterate quickly
- Own and review results for accuracy, quality, performance, and completeness
- Work with team to build architecture and design documents, project timeline, and user stories
- Ability to lead and manage a globally distributed development team
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of members of the team
- Java and J2EE technologies
- Golang microservices deployed on Kubernetes with an Istio service mesh
- gRPC and GraphQL APIs
- AWS Lambdas
- AWS Step Functions & Express Workflows
- Amazon Event Bridge
- AWS DynamoDB
- AWS Cloud Development Kit
- 10+ years of professional engineering experience
- 8+ years of professional experience using Java and J2EE technologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar engineering discipline
- 3+ years Golang experience preferred
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- AWS experience
- Experience leading a team (team/tech lead)
- Ability to thrive as part of a multi-site development team
Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]Company Overview:
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).