WP Engine started in Austin in 2010 and has experienced impressive growth. Our business has scaled to an incredible 100,000+ customers worldwide and serves a significant chunk of the internet. Our success as the world's leading WordPress hosting company has set us up for our next phase of growth.
The evolution of our platform is required for our scale, and we are searching for an experienced software engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. If you are an engineer experienced with technology transformations, service oriented architectures, mentoring engineers and are motivated by scale, you may be the engineer we are looking for.The day to day
- Write, test, integrate, debug, and solve software applications that are resilient, robust, and perform at scale
- Continuously improve WP Engine's secure, performant software platform that supports 10's of millions of end users
- Write clean, maintainable code.
- Improve test coverage and build deployment pipelines to safely and rapidly push new code to production.
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure that your frequent, incremental code changes contribute to our customers
- Further an ecosystem of learning and mentorship
- Lead technical solutions and system design across WP Engine
- 7+ years of writing high quality, maintainable, deployable, testable, and highly usable software applications in any object oriented language.
- Deep experience with OOP, microservices, and systems at scale
- Proven history of continuous learning and ability to stay ahead of with technology trends
- Growth mentality, a get stuff done approach, and strategic approach to technical tradeoffs.
- Natural problem solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, and an eagerness to pursue the challenge of big problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Track record of building resilient, scalable, enterprise-grade solutions while nurturing engineering standard methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) OR equivalent experience
- Experience working with complex, large-scale public cloud deployments hosted across international data centers
- Production experience with containerization technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience solving problems with multi-tenancy and distributed systems at scale in the cloud
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- One time home office stipend
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.