What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Project Management Core team, you’ll play a key role in our technology strategy by directly enabling the experiences built on the platform to seamlessly flex, extend, and meet customer’s unique construction needs on a global scale. While driving immediate and long-term strategic direction for significant parts of the technology stack, you’ll identify critical areas based on future growth and collaborate with Product, UX, and other groups to develop roadmaps and tackle initiatives.
Backed by the might of our teams, you’ll have the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles. If you’re a strong leader with proven experience evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches—we have a spot for you on our team.
This position will report to the Director of Engineering and can be based at any of our US offices or remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute significantly to the architecture, design, and development of Procore’s application growth in key focus areas
- Drive innovation using a collaborative approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Work closely with our application platform teams up-leveling customization and extensibility of our core product offerings
- Serve as a subject matter expert in a domain, including processes and software design, that help guide others to create and maintain a healthy codebase
- Drive decoupling initiatives across the platform, working closely with key stakeholders to build services that scale
- Continuously evolve one of the best APIs in construction by collaboratively iterating the API Architecture and Specification with feedback from customers and developers
- Develop teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Drive key teams that are building our next wave of technology design for the future of Procore
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred, or comparable work experience
- 12+ years experience combined in Programming, Saas/ PaaS applications, frontend and backend engineering, test-driven development, and architecture design principles
- Track record of anticipating and designing solutions to overcome technical problems
- Built or significantly improved large technological areas or architecture initiatives
- Experience working and developing APIs through REST, gRPC, or GraphQL
- Experience with relational, non-relational, and graph datastores
- Time-honed expertise with modern web and backend development across the entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.