QA Engineer at SecureLink
Who We Are
Astronauts needed for a mission.
At the risk of sounding immodest, SecureLink may be the coolest company you've never heard of. After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products and people, we are excited to launch the company to a higher orbit.
SecureLink is the leading platform for secure, remote support of enterprise software. Our customers are top-tier names in healthcare, gaming, government, retail, legal and other highly-regulated industries.
SecureLink's world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Space Ship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace.
What You'll Do
SecureLink's QA Engineers use our software products daily to certify their quality and confirm that our customers are getting a scalable, stable, and exceptional product. Their knowledge about our products allows them to provide valuable feedback to developers, product managers, and other stakeholders within the organization. The QA team is in a period of growth and change which will give the person in this role plenty of opportunities to make a real impact on the direction of the team and the organization as a whole. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with a team of developers and QA engineers to certify the products are ready to be used by our customers
- Create in depth test plans for new additions to our products based on technical documentation and use cases
- Work on automating test cases to save yourself and the team some time!
- Test bugs, new features, and other improvements to the product from the latest sprint
- Diagnose and report issues through exploratory testing
- Maintain and create test documentation
- Improve existing and create new scalable processes as the application and the team grow
- Create and run test plans tailored to our most important customers
- Assess the severity of reported defects from our customer's perspective
What You'll Need
- 2+ years as a quality assurance engineer
- Comfortability writing manual and automation test cases
- Knowledge of QA cycles and how to release applications
- Enterprise software knowledge
- Ability to understand complex systems and the relationships between their parts
- Numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Outstanding communication skills to work with a variety of teams
- Great attention to detail and results-driven approach
What Will Help You Stand Apart
- Experience testing applications on Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Basic understanding of databases and SQL
- Experience with SSH, RDP, and Desktop Sharing
- Previous experience using Jira, Confluence, Testrail, or similar tools
- Familiarity with Git
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.