Subsplash—The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world, serves 14,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash is one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. (Inc. 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020) and has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted one of Seattle and Austin’s best places to work multiple years in a row, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, our passion is to equip churches to make a lasting impact in our world. Our team of 200+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence has pioneered the market with over 30-firsts for the church market including the first-ever church mobile app.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Team
The Product Team is responsible for all the products Subsplash develops and delivers, including the App Platform and Merchant Services offerings. We are a team of designers, developers, and product management professionals, creating polished and compelling experiences for our clients and end users. The Product Team is responsible for the entire user experience including: End-User Mobile Apps, the Subsplash Dashboard (our Content Management System), Subsplash Wallet (our Donation and Merchant Services Platform), the Web App, backend media & data feeds, format conversion services, analytics, and more. The Product Team’s mission is to delight our clients by helping them engage their communities and deliver beautiful, high-impact content, so they can fuel their mission & expand their reach.
About the Role
- Gain familiarity with the Subsplash Ultimate Engagement Platform, gaining comprehensive knowledge on the capabilities and limitations of each functional area, and understand how it all works together in the Dashboard
- Learn and execute the quality assurance practices, software development life cycle, and agile workflows of the project team you are supporting, identify process improvements and modifications to improve effectiveness and velocity
- Take on the roles of Tester and Defender of Quality on your project team; driving issue investigation, reproduction, and mitigation
- Identify, investigate, and mitigate bugs and other issues related to quality, including dependencies, boundary cases and high risks areas
- Work with other members of your project team, in a highly collaborative environment, to arrive at meaningful and beautiful solutions that delight the client
- Communicate regularly with PMs, Devs, and Designers to ensure that we are releasing excellent quality work that meets our internal requirements
- Assess the needs of your projects and develop a comprehensive testing strategy to release with confidence
- Attend all project team meetings, including daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- Responsible for one week 24/7 on call rotation every 6 weeks
- 3+ years of testing experience in a group or team environment
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle and the difference between agile and waterfall methodologies
- Intermediate level knowledge of web systems, including various browser types and the difference between native and mobile
- Intermediate level knowledge of native mobile apps, such as iOS and Android, and the various challenges with each (i.e. fragmentation and provisioning)
- Hands-on experience with one or more coding or scripting languages; Go or Python preferred
- Basic familiarity of continuous integration environments such as Jenkins, TravisCI, or GitLab
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, short and long term disability and life insurance all free of charge, Competitive Compensation, 401k Matching, Professional Development, Top of the Line Equipment, Referral Program, Parental Leave, Family-Friendly Culture, and the chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Remote Friendly Work
We’ve grown a lot since 2009, when our founders Tim & Kristy Turner fulfilled their dream to start Subsplash. In our continued commitment to creating a meaningful and flexible experience for our employees, we’re excited to have become a remote-friendly company! This means working from home (or anywhere else!) will be the primary experience for many of our team members. Don’t worry; we’ll still have offices (and snacks) in Austin, Seattle, and Wenatchee, WA to support those who do their best work in an office environment.
We’re still continuing to grow, and as of right now we have amazing employees in 16 states in the U.S. For the time being, that’s as far as we can go. As much as we would love to have Subsplash team members in as many places as the clients we serve, we’re focused on sustainable growth in the states where we’re already located. For this reason, if a job posting contains “Remote” as the location, that means the role can be located in any state where we currently have operations. If you’re unsure whether or not we employ in your state, please still apply! We’ll make sure to let you know either way, and we’ll reach out to you if anything changes. Let’s make waves!
Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and; employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.
Subsplash is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value all human life as all people are created with equal dignity, value, and worth. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin, or genetic information in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.