Quality Assurance Engineer at Studio X
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts, and investors. Our venture creates a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Backed by a Fortune 500 conglomerate with deep ties to this industry, this venture is uniquely positioned to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar geo-exploration services industry. Through the application of cutting-edge technology, product advantages and deep market relationships, we will provide a smart digital experience.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Quality Assurance Engineer to help us build scalable testing practices around our web-based applications, APIs and cloud infrastructure. As a member of our development team, you are excited about providing new QA tools and processes that make verification processes more efficient. You understand the inner workings of technologies that you test, and you know that it is the job of a Quality Engineer to speak up at any point in the process. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in what we do.
You are someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand the role of a Quality Engineer and you are a strong advocate for quality -- you are motivated to consider the user experience of the site for various types of users, test the edge cases of products, and lobby for having problems you've encountered get fixed.
We are looking for someone who is creative, technical, and fun to work with.
What You'll Do:
- Work with product and engineering teams to plan and develop test plans for ensuring a high level of quality across all products.
- Use and develop new tools to effectively test products and improve our engineering processes.
- Maintain and evaluate automated tests week to week and report any problems you discover.
What You'll Bring:
- Prior success as an individual QA Engineer embedded within a product team
- Proficiency with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing
- Experience testing all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing
- Ability to effectively document repeatable steps to reproduce observed defects
- Comfortable with Unix commands, experience writing shell scripts
- Exposure to invoking Web API’s
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver
- Experience using GitLab
Education & Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
- 2+ years maintaining and growing test suites
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on experience working with web services such as REST
- A solid understanding of the latest security and performance concerns
Time Commitment / Travel Requirements
- Startup hours, which includes some nights/weekends