Quality Development Manager - Jewelry
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Reporting to our Director of Technical Development, the Quality Development Manager is responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality is adhered to during all development cycles. The role will be charged with reviewing of samples for quality checking. This role combines the need for meticulous focus on physical product details and knowledge of the span of product categories. This person will ensure our aesthetic preferences, and quality standards are proactively addressed, corrected and prevented from reaching the production line and ultimately the end customer. If issues arise, this person supports investigating the root cause and institutes corrective action to final product approval.
· Determine all product Testing criteria are applied based on industry standards.
· On a case by case basis, monitor closely a specific collection or product category for successful production execution.
· Review all Final Photo Ready Samples for distribution on Direct to Vendor factories.
· Determine product specific Wear Testing, report results and recommend solutions.
· Establish KPI’s and scorecard measures for all product quality sampling.
· Maintain, update or replace existing quality and standards tools.
· Style, Sku Master Approval Vendor Log - Collaborative Tool
· Physical Library of metal and stone ranges/standards
· Quality Manual
· Provide product knowledge cross functionally.
· Work cross functionally with Design and PD to ensure smooth product execution while meeting design intent.
· Support the Counter Sourcing and On Boarding for newly established factories/relationships.
Out Ideal Candidate Will Have:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 3-5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Technical Design, or similar for a high-growth company
· A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery and reprioritize based on evolving business needs
· Detail oriented and organized.
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Experienced with Excel.
· Comprehensive knowledge of retail product technical design, manufacturing and development processes
· A strong ability to build cross functional partnerships and work collaboratively
· A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
· A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy