Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
Our team works on the technology platform for our out-of-home provider network: the products and systems that power our relationships with daycare and family childcare centers, preschools, camp providers, and other businesses providing services outside the home.
- We provide solutions for these businesses to manage their operations and sell services using our SaaS, to make more money by offering backup care, and to market themselves to families on our platform.
- We’re a small, high-performing team that is entrepreneurial, values dedicated contributors, and moves quickly. We work in a high-growth, high-opportunity area of the company.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Design, develop, and deploy features on both the front and back end;
- Integrate with essential third-party services and APIs;
- Ensure appropriate automated test coverage for optimal uptime and product reliability;
- Communicate both blockers and progress with the rest of the engineering team, as well as stakeholders on other teams.
- We’re revamping several legacy systems (one of which is largely built in Java/.NET and MySQL).
- Expanding our platform and building new functionalities.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Have 6+ years of software development experience.
- The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in Ruby/Rails language, who’s also excited about dabbling in other frameworks and technologies (e.g. Go, React.js, GitHub Actions);
- Communicates clearly and effectively, and demonstrates a track record of working successfully across engineering, product and business-oriented teams;
- You enjoy building new products as well as testing/refactoring existing code
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Nice to have: It would be a PLUS if the candidate has built previous projects using: Heroku/AWS, Stripe, Solr, Minitest/Capybara, GitHub Actions, Java and MySQL, but not require
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected].**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).