Security Engineer II
Khoros is seeking a Security Engineer II to join our fast-growing team. Our software builds trusted relationships between the world's best brands and their customers, helping people get answers and share their experiences. Customers rely on our software platform to help them connect, engage, and understand their Total Community. In a world of extreme expectations, Khoros has allowed our customers like GM, Sprint, HP and many more meet the needs of their customer base by allowing them to drive the conversation through unique and vibrant Khoros-powered communities.
What you'll do:
- Conduct application security scanning and penetration testing using automated and manual techniques
- Conduct security assessments of our cloud hosting environment
- Coordinate compliance and customer security audits
- Work with engineering and infrastructure teams to prioritize and address security bug fixes, security feature implementations and various security enhancements
- Participate in security architecture design reviews and enhance security requirements related to new and existing software platforms, systems and features
- Create and maintain documentation
- Assist with the development and delivery of security awareness and technology training
- Associate or bachelor's degree preferred (Computer Science or Technology preferred)
- 2+ years of professional experience in information security and web application security
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 application security errors
- Familiarity with web protocols and standards (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, etc.)
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, Shell, etc.
- Experience with commercial and/or open source security tools (ex: Qualys, VeraCode, Metasploit, Burp Suite, Wireshark, WAF, IDS/IPS, Firewall, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices
- Experience with audits and compliance (SOC2, ISO 27001, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.)
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, GPEN, CEH, CCNA, etc.
Why you should join our team: Khoros offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits package. We're looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, work with the best and brightest in the social media software industry. Build software. Reach hundreds of millions of users. Change lives. That's what we're doing at Khoros. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team.
At Khoros, we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.