CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role:
CrowdStrike’s Platform Security Operations team breaks the mold of traditional internal security monitoring and focuses on actively hunting threats to CrowdStrike infrastructure. As an intrusion analyst, you will help detect active threats against our networks and provide response support. You will work hands-on with network assets and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You will help identify advanced anomaly detection strategies and instrument systems to automate detections and data enrichment. In addition, you will help develop and instrument intrusion containment and response tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect cloud platform services and network infrastructure from advanced security threats
- Perform regular threat hunting for system misuse, misconfiguration, and/or malicious activity
- Develop anomaly detection patterns across a broad range of technology and log sources
- Actively respond to detection alerts and provide follow-up actions to contain breached systems
- Identify coverage and efficiency gaps in tools
- Develop and support new tools to assist event/log analysis and incident response lifecycles
- Experience hunting for and responding to security events, including front-line analysis and escalation, on hacktivist, cybercrime, and APT activity
- Experience and knowledge on the operational functions of Linux and Unix systems
- Experience with system/application logging and IDS/SIEM systems
- Development experience with Python, Perl, C, or Java
- Solid understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, networking, and secure configuration practices
- Experience with Splunk search query language and automated monitoring techniques
- Python development and automation expertise
- Can demonstrate experience leveraging and/or building RESTful APIs
- Understanding of both JSON and XML formatted data structures
- Experience working with AWS and its Python toolkit
- Personal and/or professional contributions to open source projects
- Undergraduate degree or military training and experience in computer science/engineering, cyber security, or cyber intelligence studies
- Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.