Named one of Austin’s fastest-growing companies and one of the best places to work for 10 consecutive years, Q2 offers our employees a culture fueled by engaged, motivated, and dedicated team members. We’re dedicated to our mission: to build strong and diverse communities by strengthening their financial institutions. We do it with our purpose-driven culture, and by helping banks and credit unions stand apart in their communities.
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer who is passionate about securing innovative products that scale to 400+ financial institutions. You will interact with stakeholders across Engineering, QA, DevSecOps, Operations, Development and Product Management. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative, rapid growth environment and approach every day with a burning passion to build highly scalable, resilient, and secure systems, then Q2 wants you!
If you were working for us today, you would be:
- Designing and implementing public cloud security architectures in AWS, Azure, and on-premise datacenters
- Designing and implementing security controls that support NIST, SOC2, and SOX frameworks
- Delivering strategic and tactical security guidance for IT and Engineering initiatives
- Incorporating security products and processes into existing and new systems
- Baking security controls into Engineering and DevSecOps pipelines (e.g., build automation and configuration management)
- Designing, implementing, and administering network-based and host-based security tools
- Review and critique Security designs and implementations as part of design reviews.
- Identifying problem areas, bringing multiple solutions to the table, and educating stakeholders on the possibilities.
- Ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
Things you will need to be successful in this role:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in (relevant degree) and a minimum of 8 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with 6+ years of experience; or equivalent related work experience.
- Linux or Windows System Administration experience
- Automation and scripting via PowerShell, Python, Perl, or Bash
- Configuration management (Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet)
- Implemented Security solutions in public clouds (AWS, Azure, and/or Google)
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing
- The natural ability to lead and influence without direct authority
- A calm, diplomatic demeanor and a cooperative nature even in stressful situations
- Super high attention to detail and exceptional follow-through skills
- And above all, a great sense of humor
It would be a plus if you had:
- CISSP-ISSEP (Information Systems Security Engineering Professional)
- SANS GIAC
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.