We are RxSaver at RetailMeNot - a team that is passionate about helping people save money on prescription medicines and other healthcare costs! We work with pharmacies and providers across the nation to find the best deals and options for our community including prescription discount cards, coupons, Rx assistance programs and more.
Are you passionate about contributing to an Android native app that has grown in usage over 200% in the past 6 months? Are you a phenomenal leader who excels at working alongside designers, product managers, and test engineers? If so, we need a skilled Android Engineer to join our team!
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or an equivalent STEM field
- You have at least 5 years of software development experience
- You've been designing, developing, and deploying Android applications built on Kotlin and/or Java for at least 3 years
- You are passionate about writing readable, maintainable, testable, and well documented code
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- You have a track record of maintaining apps published to the Google Play store
What You’ll Do
- You'll be instrumental in the overall design and development of an impactful native Android application
- You will deliver high impact user experiences that help our customers
- Own projects that have huge impact to the business
- You will be a coach and mentor to others
- Advocate for scalable, testable, and maintainable architectural decisions
- We continuously cultivate a supportive team culture where everyone feels welcome; we care a lot about being happy!
- We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that values, uplifts, and celebrates the experiences of our employees.
- We are a remote-first team full of kind people.
- We are always willing to help out with a code review, meet for lunch, or jump into our always-open virtual coffee bar to connect!
- We are very flexible and committed to each team member's total well being, especially as we all adjust to current events.
- Our leadership and entire team are committed to transparency; we have open conversations and value all input when making decisions.
- Everyone has an impact - proposing change is just a pull request away!
- We regularly make time to pay down technical debt, invest in our platforms, and make room to implement our favourite features.
- We have complete ownership over our work due to our flat hierarchy and close collaboration with product, marketing, and analytics teams.
- Career growth is important to us; we are able to work cross-functionally to forge our own path. We take time for mentorship at all levels!
- We value continuing education and dedicate on-the-job time to learning.
- We have access to a wide variety of Udemy courses, run a weekly book club, and have a budget for conferences and books.