Senior Applications Security Engineer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is seriously growing its information security team, get in whilst the Security team is still small and you’ll have the ability to influence the culture and direction moving forward.
As the BigCommerce e-commerce SaaS platform handles information at a large scale, we need to anticipate and protect against attackers targeting BigCommerce or our customer
Our engineers are called on to wear many hats, you’ll be very well rounded, with experience as a software developer, penetration tester, and able to work independently to provide technical expertise to other software developers.
Named a ”Best Place to Work" in Austin and Sydney, “Best and Brightest” place to work in San Francisco is looking for a full-time Senior Applications Security Engineer who wants to make an impact to every level of society through powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
What you’ll do
- Respond to information security incidents, providing technical expertise
- Provide security guidance and experience to BigCommerce engineering teams
- Review project technical designs and stay involved through their implementation to assist BigCommerce engineering staff with the finer points of application security
- Help build internal security tooling, to help us be proactive in the battle
- Utilise data to help generate insights into threats, and build solutions
- Mentoring team members in best practice around information security standards
- Regular and ongoing pen testing of BigCommerce’s changing environment
- Evangelize security within BigCommerce and be an advocate for BigCommerce customers
- Protect BigCommerce Merchants, Shoppers and the company
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of how web works, Web Application Security concepts, threats, exploits and prevention
- Skills to Test, Triage, review and provide recommendations to vulnerabilities
- 3 plus years of experience in application security-related fields (code reviews, application penetration testing, security engineering)
- Passionate about security and willingness to learn, unlearn and relearn if needed
- Knowledge on development and integration tools and technologies(Ex. CI/CD)
- 2 plus years of software development experience in PHP, Ruby, Java, or similar relatable technology skill-set
- The ability to explain security issues to developers, engineers and product
- Strong communicator with a bias towards honesty and transparency
- Experience working on global teams
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.