Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
Adia is looking for an experienced Azure Cloud Architect who is enthusiastic about being our go-to person for Cloud Architecture. You will be responsible for designing and implementing architecture solutions for Adia’s on-demand staffing platform, developing creative solutions to interesting problems, and working with a world-class agile development team in pursuit of product excellence. During the current pandemic and its aftermath, your work will be even more important and impactful than ever, as we have more than doubled our user base during the recent months and expect to continue growing throughout the upcoming years.
- Be the in-house Cloud Architecture expert. (You should have a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.)
- Manage our automated DevOps release management pipeline, which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts and product operations, and cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mindset
- Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers)
- Participate in feature and user story grooming sessions, and plan and assist the engineering team in tasking out their work for each sprint
- Facilitate architecture and design meetings with the engineering team, utilizing your knowledge base and bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Perform code reviews with other team members to maintain good design and code quality, put a second set of eyes on platform functionality, think of additional edge cases, and mentor less-experienced engineers
- Do investigative research and serve as a technical expert when vetting third party technical integration options
- Keep expectations realistic when estimating work complexity and timeline feasibility
- Pay close attention to detail and strive to achieve above-and-beyond quality in everything you do!
What you bring to the table:
- Educational background or equivalent experience in computer science or related field
- 5 or more years of proven software engineering experience covering different layers of the tech stack and utilizing cloud-based solutions and architectures
- Proven experience in C# and the .NET framework, including recent versions of .NET Core and common ORMs such as Entity Framework, Dapper, etc.
- Expertise in building REST APIs, including dependency injection, SRP best practices, versioning, maintaining backwards compatibility, authentication and authorization
- Development and DevOps-based experience in the Microsoft Azure cloud with web services, API and traffic management, Insights logging and monitoring, Azure functions, event hubs, service buses, storage containers of various types, SQL Server, and document databases
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications and event-driven architectures
- Previous experience working in a startup or similarly fast-paced environment with changing requirements
- Experience collaborating and working from home/remotely with other team members
- A drive to innovate and push the boundaries of modern technology, frameworks, and architecture solutions
- Personal ownership of your work and ability to properly and thoroughly test your solutions and think of edge cases without a QA team
- A desire to ask questions and make an impact!
Adia is the leading on-demand staffing platform. We give businesses a better way to find the people they need. Unlike other gig platforms, we hire our workers to Adia as W-2. That means they get to keep their flexible schedule, and still get taxes withheld, benefits, and weekly pay. Launched in Switzerland back in October 2016, Adia launched in the US in early 2018. Today we help businesses and workers using our platform throughout the US.
Adia is a fast-growing, hardworking, curious (like, Alice in Wonderland curious) organization that strives for improvement every day. We are open, honest, and motivated, using our big brains to build a great product and not overgrown egos. We’re an early player in the HR tech space, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you’re looking for a place that will help you uncover your best working self and give you hands-on experience in way more than your job title alludes to, we may be the right team for you.
We have an incredible future ahead of us, and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey toward it.
Still here? Apply now.