Senior Back End Engineer
Challenges on Which You Can Expect to Work:
- Building Product Features. We're a startup with a long product roadmap. You'll be working with a team to make that roadmap a reality.
- Develop new product features using Python 3, Go, and PostgreSQL.
- Resolve issues with previously delivered features.
- Ensure software is secure, maintainable and extensible.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- Ensuring a Robust Software Platform. Great software is more than product features. It simultaneously considers non-functional concerns like security, maintainability and extensibility.
- Fostering Best Practices. We might be small but we've got big ambitions. Folks joining the team will be defining our software engineering culture.
A Little About You:
- 4+ years of back end software development experience
- Professional experience with Python 3; Experience with Flask a plus
- Professional experience with a relational database like PostgreSQL
- Experience with strongly typed languages (Golang, Kotlin, Rust, etc)
- Experience using Docker for local software development
- Experience designing APIs (Protocol Buffers, RAML, Swagger, OpenAPI, etc)
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- A champion for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- You thrive in a highly independent work culture and are capable of working autonomously.
- You have initiative and motivation to make things happen.
- You always want to sit next to the person who is smarter than you because you value a culture of mentorship and learning.
- You are egoless, hold yourself accountable and you have a thoughtful approach to adopting new technology.
- You are looking to bring your voice and talent to a mission-driven company in ways that help it to grow and expand its reach.