Atlassian is looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to join the Confluence Mobile Growth team in Austin or remotely. You will have a direct impact on the customer experience through the design and implementation of key confluence mobile growth initiatives.
The Confluence mobile growth team is responsible for driving initiatives that will increase the Confluence mobile user base as well as the initial engagement of those users. You'll collaborate with frontend web and mobile developers to elevate user awareness of the value that our mobile clients provide and create features that span across frontend, mobile, and backend technologies.
To do this, you'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love. Together with the team, your expertise and skills will have a direct hand in creating experiences that will make customers want to use Confluence mobile as part of their regular workflow.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Proficiency in Java programming (or other modern object-oriented languages, such as C++, C#, or python) and debugging
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining distributed systems at scale
- Ability to deep-dive and diagnose system bottlenecks via monitoring and metrics
- Ability to lead technical initiatives with self-direction
- Experience crafting and implementing well-tested, highly scalable, and performant micro-services and/or other distributed systems
- Proficiency in relational databases and handling data at scale
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Familiarity with reactive programming frameworks, i.e., Spring Webflux, RXJava
- Experience with optimizing both new and legacy systems for performance at scale
- Experience creating and implementing effective monitoring, tracing, and system performance tooling
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience with RESTful and GraphQL based micro-services
- Experience with non-relational databases
More about our Mobile Growth team:
Our Mission Statement:
To acquire users through thoughtful, unique, and innovative experiences that inspire users to get work done with Confluence mobile.
The Mobile Growth team is the latest addition to the Confluence Mobile family. We're a newly forming team filled with passionate people who seek to provide the best experiences to our customers through the experimentation and implementation of our projects, making data gathered from these initiatives our guiding light when choosing how to operate in the future.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .