Senior Back End Software Engineer
Our Austin team works in two offices in downtown Austin. Both enjoy panoramic city views and an open floor plan with breakout rooms that encourage collaboration and innovation. When you join LogicMonitor, you will be working alongside some of the brightest minds in one of the fastest growing global software firms. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion. This is your chance to join us on our journey as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
What You'll Do:
The Software Engineer on LogicMonitor's Development team will have the ability to make a significant impact in the development, implementation, architecture and quality control of new and existing features within the product application and internal tools. This includes implementing new features and troubleshooting bugs in our existing backend applications, and building new software components as we continue to scale our product. This is a great opportunity to have direct influence and visible achievements in our software development!
The Development team is expanding to multiple locations, and you will be able to work cross-functionally, collaborating with members across the organization globally. This is an exciting time to join a world-class development team focusing on designing, developing and delivering new features on an Enterprise SaaS application.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Prioritize and plan for deliverables in an iterative development strategy, according to our 2 week scrum schedule & 1 week regression testing.
- Design, document, code, and test technical solution for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Follow agile software development methodologies for implementation.
- Working with various teams in LogicMonitor to deliver software products that support LogicMonitor's business growth.
- Coach and lead other team members from a technical perspective in design and implementation.
- Envision system features and functionalities by analyzing business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product/application issues for escalated support cases.
- Collaborate with a diverse, distributed development organization. Our development team spans multiple cities in the US and Asia.
- Contribute to Tech Talks, involving research on new technologies that are applicable to this position.
- Ability to tackle performance and design issues at a deep technical level.
- Understanding and improvement of development process and application deployment
What You'll Need:
- BS or above degree in computer science or related field.
- 10+ years of software development experience in commercial or enterprise application
- 8+ years of full-time experience as a Java developer on Linux platform
- Familiar with latest Java development framework and open-source tools