Senior Backend Engineer - iOS, Android
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”: a driver installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud. The sensor processes thousands of events per second to provide deep visibility into operations on the endpoint, and performs rich correlation and computation to identify malicious events and blocks malicious activity.
The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, correlates malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
Join CrowdStrike and become a key leader building the most innovative endpoint security solution in the world. Our sensor development team is responsible for building the endpoint sensor, deployed on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. As Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to make significant contributions to the design and implementation of major development projects. You will be required to identify solutions and collaborate with others to implement our features. You will work on stimulating problems borne out of the scale of our deployment and the stringent performance and security requirements of our sensors.
- Provide key contribution on the sensor development team involved in architecture, in implementation, and improvements to next generation Anti-Virus and Enhanced Detection and Response Security Software.
- Develop features from design to delivery including participation in product demo at the end of the sprint.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams in various locations.
- Devise innovative solutions to hard performance or scale problems.
- Maintain the sensor up-to-date with the latest OS developments and patches.
What You'll Need:
- Experience designing and producing high quality software
- Able to lead, mentor, communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Low-level OS knowledge in either Linux or iOS or Android
- Extensive experience with C++, Java and System Development
- Strong background in scalable systems
- Familiarity and experience with Agile process
- OS system expertise for core concepts and subsystems
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and technologies
- Familiarity with Python and Bash
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + equity grants
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.