Senior Backend Engineer at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading fully automated, cloud-based infrastructure monitoring and observability platform for enterprise IT and managed service providers.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one agile team, and strive to be better every day while building trust. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
This position can be remote, offering you the flexibility to work out of your home full-time. You'll have easy access to and support from your manager and frequent video meetings to keep you plugged into your team. If you are traveling to the area, we invite you to take advantage of our space if you would like to work in an office environment.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity, and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
LogicMonitor is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (SBE)! You'll be part of a growing team that helps enterprises and organizations manage their highly complex data centers and infrastructure across private and public clouds.
You will be a key part of a team solving the problem of interacting with massive amounts of data to deliver intelligent operational management, data analytics, and business insights. You'll own implementing and operationalizing intelligent algorithms on top of the massive amounts of data. This will ensure our customers can relax and be assured of the health of their application and infrastructure.
Make your mark by being immersed in a collaborative team communicating and working with colleagues to solve problems and improve the systems they work with. You'll gain a deep understanding and knowledge level of the systems you work with, to the point that you'll be able to help others on the team grow and develop.
Preference will be given to candidates in the Cambridge/Boston area, though we are open to remote employees throughout US as well.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Prioritize and plan for deliverables in an iterative development strategy.
- Design, document, code, and test technical solution for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Follow agile software development methodologies for implementation.
- Work with various teams in LogicMonitor to deliver software products that support LogicMonitor's business growth.
- Envision system features and functionalities by analyzing business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product/application issues for escalated support cases.
- Collaborate with a diverse, distributed development organization. Our development team spans multiple cities in the US and Asia.
- 6+ years of software development experience in commercial or enterprise Micro-service applications.
- 3+ years of full-time experience as a Java developer.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Python.
- Familiar with SQL / NoSQL database knowledge (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, Redshift ElasticSearch, Aurora, etc.)
- Familiar with container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiar with variety of other open source, cloud technologies, and platforms. (e.g. Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ, Spark, SQS, etc.)
- Familiar with Test frameworks (JUnit, WireMock, Selenium, etc.)
- Familiar with AWS services (e.g. ELB, RDS, SQS, S3 etc.)
- Familiar with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.