Coder is looking for a senior backend software engineer to join our growing team. We are dedicated to keeping developers in flow — removing the obstacles that prevent them from writing code at the speed of thought. We have an amazing core technology and are always striving to make it better. If you are passionate about software engineering and engineering productivity, this is the place for you.
You will work with Golang, Kubernetes, and a number of advanced technologies to build the cloud developer workspace of the future. If you don't already know these technologies, we will teach you. We're looking for amazing contributors for the long-haul, and we're willing to invest in you.
- You’ve worked as a software engineer for at least five years (including relevant internships)
- You're skilled in languages and technologies for systems-level engineering, e.g. C/C++, Rust, Golang (especially but not necessarily)
- You care deeply about your craft. We build to last. Our customers deploy our software on-premises, so we want to make sure we get things right the first time. And we’re building a SaaS product, so automated testing will be essential for continuous delivery.
- You want to contribute to growing a healthy, inclusive, positive company culture
- You want to work in a startup where your job isn’t just writing code but helping make the whole company successful
- You want to have major impact and grow as a professional in an opportunity-rich, supportive environment
While definitely not necessary, we’ll be even more excited about you if you:
- Already know the Go programming language
- Have worked as a software engineer for ten years or more
- Know TypeScript
- Have significant experience with backend systems at scale, especially ones that are mission-critical and high availability
- Have worked on enterprise applications, developer tools, or on-premises software
- Like connecting directly with customers
- Have experience with infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes, Nomad, or Docker
- Have a Computer Science degree
- Can show a Web-based portfolio or resume
Coder is building the future of software engineering. Almost every software application has moved to the cloud to take advantage of more resources, faster updates, and portability across devices, but the tools we use to build those applications are still stuck in the boxes under your desk or on your lap. Coder aims to change all that.
With Coder, you can use the same development workspace from a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. You have consistent and predictable environments, so there’s no more “it works on my machine” because it works on every machine. You can take advantage of powerful cloud servers, so you no longer have to choose between a powerful but immobile desktop or a portable but less capable laptop. You spend less time waiting and tearing your hair out and more time writing and shipping your software.
Coder has raised major backing from high-quality investors. We have amazing interest from prospective customers. The product we’re building has the potential to be used by everyone doing software development all around the world.
We are looking for excellent builders who are excited about the startup experience, passionate about productivity and flow, and eager to take on new challenges and grow with few limits. We want to build a product and a company to last. Part of our culture is a warm, friendly, and supportive environment.
Coder is headquartered in sunny and lively Austin, Texas, but we work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. We provide superb benefits so that you can stay in flow with your focus on your work without worries.
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 2 full weeks. During these 2 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description