Senior Cloud Engineer at H-E-B
About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
- Develop migration paths for existing on-premise systems which have elected to grow into AWS
- Develop, Implement, and Evangelize standards and best practices as they relate to cloud solutions.
- Implement automation techniques to increase the native security of our cloud-based systems while being mindful of the impact to developer ergonomics.
- Collaborate with our SRE team to design, configure, and manage system monitoring and alerts for our cloud infrastructure that our development teams depend on.
- Provide guidance and training to other team members.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Design and operate pipeline processes which enhance the security of our infrastructure at scale.
- Integrate on-premises services with the cloud-based services we build and maintain.
- Create and maintain diagrams and documentation around system configurations and processes.
- Engage and nurture other squads to be capable of maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Provide ergonomic consistency between development, non-production and production environments
- Implement security controls, provisioning processes, and security best practices
- Promote technologies, techniques, and system architectures that enable quick experimentation and fast feedback
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies spanning across multiple teams/organizations through collaboration with the affected teams
Who We Are
We hire talented people (116,000+ Partners), and give them autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business
We’re a Partner-driven company with a Bold Promise – Because People Matter
We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values, and support them with thriving company-wide programs
We’re a truly original Texas-based company that created the Spirit of Giving to help Texas communities every day
Once eligible, our Partners become Owners in the company. “Partner-owned” means our most important resources—People—drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud computing with a primary focus on AWS.
- 7+ years of industry experience
- CS degree or relevant experience
- Strong understanding of cloud computing capabilities and limitations, virtualization, infrastructure/platform.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS best (and worst) practices thorough understanding of system and infrastructure management in the AWS Cloud environment.
- Previous experience developing high performing, high traffic solutions to scale