Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
The DevOps team is responsible for the tooling and automation underlying the deployment, monitoring, and management of Care.com's services and applications. They provide 24x7 operational support to the engineering teams responsible for the applications themselves and work with those teams to ensure that requirements around compliance and availability are met.
Senior-level engineers spend time training and mentoring other members of the organization, both inside and outside the DevOps team itself. They are also expected to take ownership of the execution and completion of larger projects and the ongoing operation and overall responsibility for critical systems.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Collaborate closely with other team members to define architectural and operational aspects of Care.com’s growing infrastructure
- Develop and maintain infrastructure and system configuration on AWS IaaS including container orchestration platforms and datastores and associated systems required by Care.com services
- Write and maintain documentation around operational and architectural aspects of the Care.com infrastructure
- Improve and support Care.com’s deployment pipelines/automation
- Develop and maintain observability-related systems (monitoring, metrics, logging)
- Support QA and Engineering in troubleshooting application performance issues and errors
- Ensure that backup, recovery, DR, and other platform-based availability processes are functional and tested
- Work with the security engineering and compliance teams to ensure that compliance requirements are understood and met
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or some form of Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience working with Kubernetes – EKS and Istio experience are a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD toolchains and automation (Jenkins, Harness, JFrog/Artifactory + X-Ray)
- Strategic and analytical thinker with a problem-solving mindset – excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong written communication skills and comfort with chat tools (e.g. Slack) as a primary means of communication
- Strong understanding of the AWS cloud platform
- 3+ years working with infrastructure as code and/or configuration management tools, receiving and providing code reviews (Ansible, Terraform/Terrascript, and/or CDK)
- Experience taking part in 24x7 on-call rotations where business-hours on-call responsibilities include large amounts of context switching and constant attention to interrupts
- Solid Python and Bash programming skills
- Familiarity with SaaS monitoring, logging, and metrics platforms (Signalfx, Splunk)
- Experience with Akamai CDN/WAF platform a plus
- Experience managing one or more of these database technologies is a plus: mysql, postgres, kafka
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).