Senior DevOps Engineer at Ascension
What You Will Do
- Support the team to deliver well designed, implemented and tested features
- Ensure Team executes on sprint commitments with quality
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating technical application requirements, data ad distribution to satisfy the application solution in an engineering role.
- Support the automation efforts related to Application, database and content
- Responsible for design, development, implementation , and analysis of technical products and systems
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures
- Collaboration with other efforts, projects and support, will be key to successful execution
- Develop standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness
- Make recommendations related to testing techniques and processes
- Apply engineering best practices in order to analyze, design , develop and support software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices, establish monitoring and automation processes.
- Should be able to ensure that all processes required for CICD are documented and followed by the development team.
- Must be able to evaluate variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Mentor/motivate others and build a positive culture within the team
- Participate in code, design and product reviews
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• 1 year of experience required.• 4 years of experience preferred.• 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of professional development experience desired
- Strong understanding of Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies with experience setting up the pipeline using CI/CD tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, Nexus etc.
- Develop, test and maintain build and deployment scripts using CI/CD framework/tools to automate and streamline deployment processes
- Experience with Splunk, ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana)
- Preferred experience with APM tools such as Dynatrace, CA Wiley, AppDynamics, DataDog etc.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform or an equivalent
- Must have experience with DevOps concepts and automation skills experience with Linux, Windows operating systems
- Ability to analyze infrastructure automation requirements and code development
- Experience with RedHat product stack, virtualization (VMWare, HyperV), API development, middleware,storage, messaging, and cloud technology
- Experience deploying to PCF
- Experience in Cloud technologies likeGCP, Azure and AWS
- Experience in scripting with Python, Ruby, YAML
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.