Senior DevOps/Backend Engineer, Endpoint Health
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
As a Senior DevOps/Backend Engineer on the Endpoint team you will own all production aspects of our Duo desktop application and backend services. This application helps people throughout the world keep their computers safe. You’ll be working with a team to build a multi-faceted product with native code on Windows, MacOS, Linux paired with a Python service infrastructure and React-based web application. This is a new product initiative with significant greenfield opportunities. You will help us develop, deploy, and maintain this service.
We emphasize software craftsmanship and apply it our development practices. As a Senior Software Engineer you are expected to help mentor your Duo engineer peers. You will collaborate on technical direction, review code, and be an owner over the quality of our software.
Skills you have…
- 5+ years of back end web application or native desktop application experience
- You love working with Python, Swift, or C#
- History of writing performant, maintainable, testable code
- You value automated testing as much as writing expressive clean code
- You strive to make security simple to understand and easy to implement
- You love automation — particularly CI/CD
- You are a user of AWS including both high-level (e.g. RDS, Lambda) and low-level (e.g. EC2, VPC) services
- Prior experience with automated configuration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc
- Prior experience deploying cloud services, monitoring, alerting, and handling escalations
Even better if...
- You have experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- You are familiar with asynchronous programming patterns like in Node, .NET, and Python’s asyncio and Twisted
- You have knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication, and authorization
- You have a solid understanding of security best-practices in web development
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people.
- You work best in teams of high-performers who are passionate about a common goal.
- You revel in the opportunity to do it all; from desktop to web, to production deployment!
This job may not be for you if…
- You only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be mentored.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can’t be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.