Senior Engineering Manager at realtor.com
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:16 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 15, 2020
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT OPCITY BECAUSE WE...
• Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing data-driven company
• Work collaboratively to draw on each team members unique experience
• Are at the forefront of tech and real estate, redefining the home buying experience for the next generation.
• Are passionate about our customers and live/breathe the user experience.
• Get to be creative every day.
• Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
• Offer competitive compensation based on your level and experience to help eliminate bias in salaries
• Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Lead a highly talented team of engineers
- Build cross functional relationships, sharing clear context to our stakeholders, users, team, product managers
- Building strategies to deliver our product needs, driving tactical execution, and evolving a fast moving and inclusive team
- Grow the team while maintaining a high technical bar and securing talent that embodies our culture
YOU WILL LEAD A TEAM WHO ARE WORKING ON...
- Build full stack React/Redux applications that talk to Python API services
- Deliver new features to our iOS and Android mobile app using React Native
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- The ability to hire and motivate a high-performing engineering team
- Experience managing engineering teams that shipped web/mobile applications
- Experience balancing teamwork between cross functional strategic projects
- Ability to identify and utilize each individual team members strengths, benefiting the greater organization
- Demonstrated team improvement through regular feedback
- Strong software engineering instincts: meaningful and deeply rooted opinions about sound quality/speed trade-offs, code quality, and testing
- Strong communication skills
- A driven and data-informed product development approach
- B.S. Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity /Realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity/Realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description