Senior Front End Engineer at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
WP Engine powers digital experiences for over 150,000 customers in 140 countries. Over 5% of all internet traffic visits a WP Engine site each day! Combined with Flywheel we are the largest WordPress hosting platform in the world and we are leading the digital transformation for businesses and organizations of all sizes and industries.
We believe our culture is meaningful. We are Customer Inspired and seek to hire the best and ensure that we provide an environment where the best get better. We are a company that is Built for Growth, so if you are phenomenal at solving sophisticated problems, have excellent collaborative skills, and enjoy working across different approaches and cultures, you may be the engineer we are looking for!
What's cool about this Job?
WP Engine is looking for a Software Engineer, focused on the front-end, to join our growing Engineering team. Our goal is to improve our customer workflows by augmenting their dashboard and customer sites with workflow enhancing tools. In this role, you’re responsible for developing all aspects of the WP Engine software stack, maintaining superb functionality, and adding brilliant brand-new features. You'll be part of a team that is key to crafting, driving, and providing front-end engineering best practices.
We believe that Design Matters and collaboration across teams is key to our success. You’ll partner daily with our design and product management team to ensure our software is beautiful and easy to use, and connect with our infrastructure team to integrate these new solutions to our platform.Day to Day
- Writing high-quality code to solve for some of our most complex business problems
- Understanding and addressing the unique challenges faced by WP Engine’s customers
- Building out new features to help scale our growing product offerings
- Contributing to brainstorming, kickoff, and strategy sessions with your agile product team
- Collaborating with peers to build out front-end best practices to deliver code that is both high quality and timely
- Advanced skills in front-end JS frameworks (Vue.js, React, or Angular)
- Experience server-side web development (Ruby on Rails)
- You believe design matters and are an advocate for user experience
- Deep understanding of writing front-end tests using frameworks such as jest, Jasmine or something similar
- Hungry to learn and discover the right tools for the job
- Excited about working for a quickly growing company that faces new challenges & opportunities every day
- Have experience working with product designers
- Have built or worked within a design system
- Understand the basics of hosting and deploying web applications (Heroku or something similar)
- Are familiar with back-end technologies
- Have open source contributions or side projects you’re really proud of
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran