Who We Are:
Immersed is a well-funded ($4M to-date), Seed stage Techstars startup, partnered with Facebook to build Virtual Reality Offices! We're an extremely strong team of engineers whose aim is to immerse distributed teams into a virtual office to maximize productivity so they can work with their team from anywhere! We do this by offering unique virtual working environments (like working from a space station or lodge nestled up in the mountains during winter). We are also working on some of the latest hand-tracking technology our space has to offer to make working in virtual reality that much of a better experience. This is by no means an easy mission to accomplish, but with the world's best team, we're excited to revolutionize the future of work!
Who You Are:
We’re looking for a self-motivated front-end engineer to partner with us in helping make the experience of working together in Virtual Reality better. We’re always looking for self-motivated product and visual designers who understand great design is more than how a product looks or feels. We’re looking for someone who can take user feedback about design and engage with our users to deliver high-quality experiences that keep people engaged and productive.
We're looking for someone who has:
• Ideally 5+ years of experience shipping high-quality products
• A great eye for innovative & effective design
• A collaborative mindset, recognizing that most great outcomes are accomplished by teams, not individuals
• Empathy with the many different types of users who use Immersed’s UIs
• An interest in building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, PostCSS, Flow, and Webpack
• Experience with using Source Control (git)
• An ability to think through customer requirements to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving their problems
• A passion about performance, accessibility, and API design
• A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
• Comfortability working solo in frontend codebases from scratch all the way to large codebases with many stakeholders
• Attention to the details
• The ability to wear many hats as different needs arise
Must be very willing to help co-workers and be sacrificial with time. Our work-culture is very much like a warm family, not a cold office.
• Entrepreneurial mindset or small startup experience
• Proficiency in Graphic Design (and associated tools)
• Experience designing/creating for VR apps
• A link to your portfolio/work