Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Analytics and Visualization Platform at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Analytics and Visualization Platform team. This team, recently formed out of the acquisition of Chartio, is focused on unleashing the power of data for teams everywhere! More specifically, this team will be building the interfaces and services that help to surface data in dashboards and visualizations for Atlassian's customers.
That's where you come in. We're looking for full-stack software engineers familiar with both back-end and front-end development to join our team. You will be working in a small squad of 3-6 engineers within the Analytics and Visualization Platform team. Each squad has their own area of focus and we try to align the needs of the team with your skills and aspirations. We are excited to have you join our team!
In this Role, you will get to:
- Develop new features and products that are used by customers every day.
- Act as a technical leader, breaking down product and customer experience goals, identifying technical designs that will achieve them, and helping break those designs down into work items for the team
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to identify the best ways to deliver high-quality experiences to our customers.
- Operate a production application, using logging, metrics, and monitoring to understand and improve how our product works
- Drive healthy engineering team culture through your passion, creativity, and experience
- Continue learning and growing as an engineer through various career development opportunities, helping identify opportunities for others to grow through thoughtful code review
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Solid foundation in modern object-oriented, programming languages such as Python or Java
- Experience building web applications and REST based APIs on top of relational databases
- Experience writing automated tests to help ensure quality
- Experience building, deploying, and monitoring applications in cloud environments such as AWS or GCP
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .