Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. is a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About our team:
We're a growing team of passionate engineers working with modern technology to help people build credit and savings. We’ve rebuilt and launched our website and our mobile app in the last year, which now serves thousands of customers. We launched our second product, a secured credit card to give our customers access to their savings.
About the role:
You will implement a user experience that can be seamless for Android, iOS, and Web users. You will integrate the front-end elements with our Rest APIs and other 3rd-party services. You will develop the services and infrastructure needed to provide essential customer-facing solutions at a massive scale. You will work with designers, product managers and other team members in brainstorming new ideas, developing features, gathering feedback and iterating, thereby providing impactful improvement to our products. You will report to an engineering manager and work with our amazing team of professional engineers.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience with the development of Python/Flask code in a production environment.
- Experience building and consuming APIs to work with other services using REST.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience in the container orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with AWS and cloud architectures/services is a plus.
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as Git (or other VCS), JIRA, Confluence and similar platforms.
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score because of a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with creative technology solutions and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Self pays 100% of employee's monthly medical, dental and vision benefit costs and a portion of dependant insurance coverage
- buy up options available, costs vary across benefit type
- 401(k) Plan available to full-time employees to save for retirement
- Self pays 100% of Life/AD&D/Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance premium costs for all full-time employees
- Enjoy our flexible vacation policy
- Company paid education and training programs
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit and Gold's Gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided at the office
- Casual dress code
- Team building, happy hours and events (Online now, due to pandemic)
- Downtown Austin office space (Our offices are partially open)
- Remote work arrangements (due to the pandemic)
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend for full time employees through 6/2021
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.