Senior Information Security Engineer
BigCommerce is seriously growing its information security team, get in whilst the Security team is still small, and you’ll have the ability to influence the culture and direction moving forward.
Our engineers are called on to wear many hats, you’ll be very well rounded, with experience as a software developer, penetration tester, and able to work independently to provide technical expertise to other software developers.
BigCommerce named a 2020 ”Best and Brightest” place to work in San Francisco, and “Best Place to Work” In Austin is looking for a full-time Senior Information Security Engineer who wants to make an impact to every level of society through powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to information security incidents, providing technical expertise
- Provide security guidance and experience to BigCommerce engineering teams
- Review project technical designs and stay involved through their implementation to assist
- BigCommerce engineering staff with the finer points of application security
- Help build internal security tooling, to help us be proactive in the battle
- Utilize data to help generate insights into threats, and build solutions
- Mentoring team members in best practice around information security standards
- Regular and ongoing pen testing of BigCommerce’s changing environment
- Evangelize security within BigCommerce and be an advocate for BigCommerce customers
- Protect BigCommerce Merchants, Shoppers and the company
Who you are:
- Holder of a current CISSP, or GISP certification
- 5+ years of experience in application security-related field (code reviews, application penetration testing, security engineering)
- Have 1-2 years of software development experience in PHP, Ruby, Java, or similar.
- The ability to explain security issues to developers
- Strong communicator with a bias towards honesty and transparency
- Experience working on global teams
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.