Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Chef
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
- September 2018: Named to LinkedIn’s Top 50 Start-Ups for the Second Year in a Row
- June 2018: Series E Funding of over $200Million and a valuation of +$3Billion
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is hiring a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer to help take our internal automation to the next level. We are looking for a highly-technical, hands-on engineer with experience using several open source projects commonly found in large-scale deployments. You will be managing our Chef Server infrastructure and authoring and maintaining Chef cookbooks. Our team works to develop infrastructure services to support the CrowdStrike engineering team’s pursuit of a full DevOps model.
What You’ll Need
- Experience with Chef Server infrastructure management
- Proven track record authoring and maintaining cookbooks
- Ability to manage and troubleshoot Chef client across a large fleet
- Experience managing cookbook deployment workflow in a multi-region environment
- Ability to provide cookbook development guidance for all engineers
- Strong knowledge of Python, bash
- Experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments.
- Experience operating within the cloud, preferably Amazon Web Services.
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams.
- Rock solid communication skills, verbal and written.
- A combination of confidence and independence... with the prudence to know when to ask for help from the rest of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as CS, CIS or Engineering.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike
- Competitive compensation + Stock Options
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- We embrace distributed work and flexible work hours
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Free lunches regularly catered
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.