Senior Manager, Software Engineering at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Care.com offers of an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care and provide employment opportunities for caregivers. Our engineering organization is reimagining our tech stacks and consolidating to a single cloud native platform so we can test and learn faster. The new platform is composed of gRPC microservices and Lambdas in Go, Kafka streams, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, and micro-frontends on Node and React. We're utilizing industry best practices and tools like OpenTelemetry, Splunk, Github, SignalFX, Figma, and others to make our lives easier.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Providing technical leadership to the teams and building a strong culture of accountability and innovation
- Coaching engineers to make sound architecture and process decisions
- Managing technical projects that span across multiple engineering teams
- Establishing KPIs and enhancing processes that enable engineering teams to visibly execute on priorities
- Optimizing processes, ensuring commitments stay on track, removing roadblocks, and facilitating fast execution and timely decision-making
- Helping build and scale a world-class engineering team through interviewing and hiring top-quality engineers
- Being a champion for automation, continuous delivery, and deployment
- Contributing to product and technical road maps
- Representing the team in front of internal and external audiences with varying levels of technical fluency
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 12+ years of total engineering experience, with at least 5 years’ experience in engineering management
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Exposure to outsourced teams and building 24-hour development cycles
- A strong command of technical skills, focused on the architecture of service-based, scalable web software and systems (REST, SOA and Microservices)
- A passion for empowering and growing engineers, building engineering teams and aligning technical and business goals
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices; processes, coding standards, build processes, testing, code reviews, source control management, etc.
- Experience working with and influencing cross-functional teams (Design, DevOps, Product, Project)
- A deep understanding of the full SDLC and a track record of delivering software on time
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).