Senior Performance Engineer
As a Sr. Performance Engineer, your role is to design and execute Performance Test Plans and Test Cases that help to ensure that the organization delivers a high-quality, performant product to the customer. Experience in test case, API automation, database (and query) optimization and tuning all with regards to performance test automation (with CI integration) is essential. You will partner with dev and the product team to bake in performance at each step of the SDLC. You will help provide best practices, tools for performance optimization and make suggestions for engineering to trend towards. You will define, measure and publish metrics to measure product and build performance and help teams improve them. You will understand priorities and risks and help focus our quality build efforts on where they matter the most.
The Performance Test Engineer is expected to be an advocate for the customer and to provide an assessment of software performance and quality, based on test results.
You will work with our Duo Engineers to understand their needs and help develop solutions to make them more efficient engineers in the Duo build ecosystem.You will be responsible for analyzing data, documenting and presenting performance limits for internal and external consumption. You will document performance test practices that is consumable by Duo engineering and our customers.
You will work with mobile apps, backend Linux services, SAAS products etc, thus growing the breadth and depth of your knowledge. Learn on the job, every single day and become the best Build Engineer and Quality professional you possibly can be!
Skills you have…
You have 10+ years of software performance engineering experience including:
- Helping lead a small team of engineers and demonstrate performance test impact in an organization
- Performance tools like locust, gatling, tsung, jmeter, k6 (among others)
- Performance Metrics for consumption by engineers, customers and tooling
- Performance optimization - tuning and optimizing databases, os and code.
- Deep knowledge of performance resources - CPUs, Main Memory, Storage Devices, Controllers, Interconnects
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting of performance resources and making suggestions and/or fixing issue(s)
- Traffic and Data generation
- Solid Linux skills
- Scripting and strongly typed Languages like python (preferred), bash, ruby, go, java, c#, swift
- Cloud experience (AWS preferred) and cloud automation tooling (Ansible, AWS API, etc.)
- Deep curiosity of how our product works to help drive performance testing to new limits
Nice to have
- Test Automation with Selenium, Python scripting, Mobile QA skills like Appium, services like BrowserStack and SauceLabs.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.