Senior Performance Engineer/QA
SailPoint Technologies is looking for a talented Senior QA Engineer with performance on their mind to join its elite Austin-based SecurityIQ Performance & Sustaining Engineering team.
If you are an agile, highly motivated, performance-oriented QA engineer who never shies away from a challenge, our SecurityIQ Performance & Sustaining team is the perfect place for you to grow and evolve. Dive into the fascinating world of Cyber-Security, Content and Behavioral Analytics, Un-Structured Data and Access Management, pushing state-of-the-art technologies such as AWS and Elasticsearch to their limits.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will guide and improve the software quality of the team while working closely with developers to test features, fixes, APIs and performance. We view our QA engineers as ‘Directors of Quality’ for their team: they plan, they advise, they automate, and they test.
Communicating with your team members will be essential to your team’s success, as will the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines. Being one of the first team members, you’ll have an integral part in driving our product forward, shaping it and scaling it up – designing and executing solutions, improving performance, scalability, and robustness.
- Lead our performance lab to the next level – taking charge of performance analysis and tuning, developing tools and establishing processes for all Cloud and On-Prem configurations
- Lead our performance testing strategy and roadmap – throughout the product
- Ensure a high standard of quality is maintained in SecurityIQ, with primary focus on performance, verification of enhancements, patches and deliverables.
- Act as the gatekeeper - ensuring performance metrics are maintained or improved upon introducing new features, enhancements, fixes, and data growth.
- Responsible for gathering, publishing and governing Performance, Scale and Benchmarking data.
- Partner with the development team, ensuring the solutions delivered keep the end customer in mind.
- Responsible for the design, development, maintenance and execution of test suites and QA processes – both manual and automated.
- Analyze metrics and trends to ensure QA processes and test suites are designed to cover the more vulnerable areas while constantly improving the coverage, stability and efficiency of test suites and automation scenarios.
- Creating and deploying environments for QA and Performance testing, Load testing and automated processes – both on-premises and on cloud platforms.
Our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years testing enterprise software, preferably on .Net / Microsoft environments
- Extensive knowledge of QA processes and methodologies.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain test cases, both manual and automated
- Proven ability to work with software engineers through problem reproduction and resolution
- Strong System and IT infrastructure background, and proven experience with operating systems and Microsoft infrastructure (Active Directory/SharePoint/Exchange)
- Strong debugging and Scripting expertise – especially in C# and .Net platforms
- Proficiency at Performance, Load and Scale testing, and automated scenarios
- AWS, Azure, Cloud deployment experience
- Experience with Automated Deployment and Integration, techniques, tools and processes
- Elasticsearch and Full-Text Indexing experience
- Relational Databases, SQL queries, Stored Procedures and Tuning experience
- Storage subsystems and File Servers knowledge
- Subject matter knowledge in Cyber Security
- Familiarity with user ACLs security is highly desirable
- Fearlessness diving into complex problems and other-people’s code
- Independent, highly-motivated self-learner
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrable responsibility, leadership and organizational skill
This position will be on-site, based at our head office in Austin, Texas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the USA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.