Senior Salesforce Developer at Homeward
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
Homeward is looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer to join the team responsible for the design, implementation, and success of our Salesforce ecosphere. This person will be responsible for assisting the entire organization in process planning, Salesforce org optimization, and integration fluidity. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes pride in ownership of their projects, is able to organize cross-departmental communication, and develop multi-option strategies for problem resolutions.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Work directly with our Product and Engineering Team, members of our Sales and Operations team, as well as the organization as whole, to help our customers when buying and selling a new home
- You’ll join a growing Salesforce Architecture team and have an immediate impact on the company and the implementation of our Salesforce
- Collaborate on projects ranging from 3rd party integrations to development of new business processes that promote efficiency, scalability, and risk mitigation
- Focus on building the tools to help our Homeward employees succeed at their roles
- Integrate, develop, and maintain 3rd party integrations from a technical perspective
- Work side-by-side our existing Salesforce experts to own Salesforce implementation and architecture planning
- Work closely with our product team to build integrations & develop processes that scale our operations & sales efforts
- Focus on improving Salesforce business process
- Assist with data architecture modeling
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Understanding of Salesforce’s limitations and know Salesforce best practices
- Ability to be flexible, wear many hats, pivot, and enjoy a dynamic environment
- Ownership is paramount to the success of our team, we work on tight timelines with high visibility
- Self-starter mentality with experience devising and testing hypotheses and implementing research plans; someone who can help the business identify the right questions to ask
- Ability to analyze and report on multiple offering and/or solutions for a given problem
- 5+ years Salesforce administration experience, ideally in a growth business
- Credentials - Platform Developer I and Admin 201. Platform Developer II is a plus
- Experience with LeanData, Validity (or comparable data management tool), Hubspot, Zapier/Workato, Telephony, and more business operations tools
- An open and collaborative mentality, Homeward is rapidly growing and working with Salesforce will require elegant and creative solutions
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally with stakeholders to deliver outcomes
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.